Teeth Whitening in Bayport, MN
Your Home for a Beautiful Smile
Discover the Difference at Jensen Family Dental
Professional teeth whitening treatments help you gain the confidence you want for your smile by eliminating stains that build up on your teeth over time. At Jensen Family Dental in Bayport, MN, we want you to love your smile, and our professional teeth whitening services are here to improve the discoloration of your teeth.
Overview of Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening is a dental procedure used to improve the cosmetic and esthetic appearance of discolored teeth. Some can be done at home via whitening kits or products, while others can be done at your dentist’s office. Teeth whitening products contain one of two tooth bleaches: hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. These ingredients break stains into smaller pieces and reduce the concentration of color, making your teeth brighter and whiter. Your teeth can become stained due to aging, tobacco use, trauma, medication, and certain foods like coffee, red wine, sodas, and dark-colored vegetables and fruits. While professional teeth whitening is highly effective, it won’t be as effective if the primary cause of discoloration is medication or trauma. Also, teeth whitening won’t work on dental restorations like veneers, crowns, or fillings.
Teeth Whitening at Jensen Family Dental
At Jensen Family Dental, we provide customized teeth whitening treatments that typically include:
- In-office whitening: Unlike home-use systems that incorporate low-dose bleaching agents, in-office whitening takes place under carefully monitored conditions that allow for safe, controlled, pain-free use of a relatively high bleaching gel – yielding results that are visible immediately.
- At-home whitening only: If you prefer to whiten your teeth at home, you can still have professional teeth whitening. We have pre-loaded one size fits all trays with the whitening material already included, so all you have to do is put them in your mouth when ready.
- At-home and in-office whitening: Depending on your goals and your teeth’ condition, your teeth whitening treatment can include both at-home and in-office treatment.
Dental Whitening In-Office Vs. At Home
Teeth whitening at the dentist’s office uses higher concentrations of peroxide to achieve visible results more quickly. The whitening material you get at home will have a different potency than you get from a dentist, so achieving your desired results with an over-the-counter dental whitening product will take longer. Both options are typically a quick and painless process.
Dental Whitening In-Office Process
Here’s what you can expect when you come in for your teeth whitening procedure at Jensen Family Dental:
- Initial exam: Before we begin your teeth whitening procedure, we’ll perform a dental exam to check for potential problems such as severe tooth decay, cracks, and gum disease. Bleaches can cause varying degrees of irritation if these conditions are present.
- Prep: We will clean your teeth to clear away plaque and debris collected on the surface and between the teeth.
- Coating and curing: We will apply the whitening gel to your teeth and use a specialized light to activate the gel, providing better and faster results. When your teeth whitening is complete, we’ll rinse your teeth, and you’ll be able to head home with your revitalized smile.
- At-home plan: Take care of your new smile, brush, and floss normally, and maintain regular dental appointments. You may need an occasional touch-up with whitening material and a sensitivity toothpaste to help with potential sensitivity. You should also minimize those products or habits that cause stainings, such as smoking and drinking lots of coffee, tea, and red wine.
How Long Does In-Office Teeth Whitening Take?
In-office teeth whitening is typically accomplished in a single 20 minutes session. Additional sessions can be done to achieve a better result.
Professional Teeth Whitening in Bayport, MN
If you want faster results with a radiating and brighter smile that lasts for a long time, you might consider getting professional teeth whitening. At Jensen Family Dental, we provide cosmetic teeth whitening in Bayport, MN, and can help you decide which whitening system would be best for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!